World Book Day
Welcome to our World Book Day celebration page.
Our focus book for World Book Day this year is "Man on the Moon (a day in the life of Bob)" by Simon Bartram.
World Book Day Activities
There are lots of suggested activities connected to our chosen book for this year:
- Research a planet and design a character (person) to live on the planet.
- Design and make a rocket from any resources that are available to you.
- Make a rock cake or rocket biscuits https://www.cookingwithmykids.co.uk/rock-buns/
- Decorate biscuits to make planets or a solar system.
- Balloon rocket science experiment https://www.stem.org.uk/resources/elibrary/resource/336420/balloon-rocket#&gid=undefined&pid=1
- Create a crossword/word search based on a planet. You may wish to use a website such as https://thewordsearch.com/maker/
- Design and create an alien for the planet out of play-dough, clay, salt dough etc.
- Design a healthy lunch for Bob.
- Design a poster on: "How to keep our world clean".
- Write a newspaper report about NASA's recent Mars findings.
- Design and build a rover that would be suitable to land on a planet.
- Design and create an alien mask.