TARDIS (Tarleton and Rural District Schools)
Newburgh C.E. Primary School is proud to be a member of the TARDiS cluster of schools.
Here at Newburgh, we believe that through collaboratively working with other schools, we can strengthen what we do and the outcomes for our children. The cluster works together to improve educational outcomes for local children in a variety of ways which include:
- Events for pupils
- Joint training for teachers and other staff
- Focusing on local issues together
- Sharing good practice
The TARDiS family, spear- headed by a Headteacher's network, collaborate on strategic improvement aims for the benefit of the pupils.
The cluster works to enhance opportunities for local children in a variety of ways, these include:
- Sharing good practice across or family of schools and focusing on local issues/priorities.
- Organising a programme of enrichment activities throughout the year which offer challenge, develop confidence and celebrate achievements across the broader curriculum (for example, STEM days, Spelling Bees, Performing Arts Festivals, Public Speaking events etc).
- Through our sub-committee, TASA (the TARDiS Active Schools Alliance), we organise a comprehensive range of opportunities for children to take part in competitive and non-competitive physical activity - increasing participation and promoting health and fitness.
Other TARDiS Member Schools:
Banks Methodist Primary School
Banks St Stephen's C.E. Primary School
Bretherton Endowed C.E. Primary School
Hesketh with Becconsall C.E. Primary School
Holmeswood Methodist Primary
Hoole St. Michael's C.E. Primary School
Howick C.E. Primary School
Richard Durning's Endowed Primary School
Rufford C.E. Primary School
St Peter and St Paul's Catholic Primary School
Tarleton Community Primary School
Tarleton Holy Trinity C.E. Primary School
Tarleton Mere Brow Primary School
OWLS Lead Partner Cluster (with Edge Hill University).
Newburgh C.E. Primary School is part of the OWLS Teacher Training group - a School's Direct Teacher Training Provider accredited by Edge Hill University.
We offer full-time Primary Education Postgraduate Certificate in Education (P.G.C.E) Programme awarding up to 60 masters level credits and recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status (Q.T.S). OWLS is a group of eleven successful primary schools in Ormskirk, Wigan, Lancashire and Sefton working together to provide the teachers of tomorrow with outstanding 'on the job' training.
The OWLS website is www.owlsteach.co.uk
Wilton House Farm Shop
We are fortunate to have a wonderful farm shop near school who we work in partnership with. In 2022 all children grew both a sunflower seed and a pumpkin seed at school. The sunflowers were taken home to grow in gardens; the pumpkins went back to the farm to be grown in their fields and our Eco-Council visited every week to check the progress of growth. All children were then gifted a pumpkin in October. We continue to forge strong links with the farm, visiting regularly to buy vegetables for children to use in school/nursery activities.