World Book Day
Welcome to our World Book Day celebration page.
World Book Day 2022 - Thursday 3rd March
We are carrying out lots of activities to celebrate World Book Day this year:
Children are invited to come to school/nursery dressed as their favourite story book character. There is a special World Book Day lunch planned which can be ordered using our World Book Day Form. Children can chose from Slugworth Sausage Roll or Stick Man Spaghetti with Gruffalo Garlic Bread.
We are also holding a used book sale so we are accepting donations of good quality unwanted books please send these to school ASAP.
Nursery children have been challenged to share as many stories as they can with friends and family over the next two weeks. They will share with their Nursery friends the stories they have enjoyed.
Nursery and Team Crane are also inviting special guest story tellers over the whole of this half term. Friends and family are invited to either come to school to read to children in person or send a virtual story in using Tapestry.
World Book Day Activities 2021
Our focus book for World Book Day this year is "Man on the Moon (a day in the life of Bob)" by Simon Bartram.
There are lots of suggested activities connected to our chosen book for this year:
- Research a planet and design a character (person) to live on the planet.
- Design and make a rocket from any resources that are available to you.
- Make a rock cake or rocket biscuits https://www.cookingwithmykids.co.uk/rock-buns/
- Decorate biscuits to make planets or a solar system.
- Balloon rocket science experiment https://www.stem.org.uk/resources/elibrary/resource/336420/balloon-rocket#&gid=undefined&pid=1
- Create a crossword/word search based on a planet. You may wish to use a website such as https://thewordsearch.com/maker/
- Design and create an alien for the planet out of play-dough, clay, salt dough etc.
- Design a healthy lunch for Bob.
- Design a poster on: "How to keep our world clean".
- Write a newspaper report about NASA's recent Mars findings.
- Design and build a rover that would be suitable to land on a planet.
- Design and create an alien mask.